Serverless Stack is a free comprehensive guide to creating full-stack serverless applications. Create a note taking app from scratch using React.js, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, and Cognito. Follow our step-by-step tutorials and use our live chat if you have any questions.
Tired of reading multiple blog posts to create your serverless app?
Our comprehensive tutorials include
- Step-by-step instructions with screenshots for setting up your AWS serverless API backend
- Easy to understand explanations for creating a React.js single page app without using a ton of other external packages
- Over 50 tutorials that take you all the way from creating your AWS account to setting up your app with your own domain
- Complete code samples hosted on GitHub for both the backend and frontend
- Live chat to answer your questions and help you along the way
- And it’s all free!
Here is what folks are saying about us
I just completed your tutorial on the Serverless stack, and it was fantastic. It was carefully thought out, well-written, and incredibly thorough. You guys rock!
‒ Chris Deery, Architect at QuickBase
This is the best and most comprehensive fullstack serverless tutorial available. Take the time to go through every step, you will learn a ton!
‒ Marcus Molchany, Engineer at Fullscreen
A really comprehensive yet simple tutorial on creating serverless React apps. Covers key concepts in a way that even beginners can easily follow.
‒ Zhiyan Feng, Full-Stack Engineer at Shyft
Table of Contents
Set up your AWS account
Setting up the Backend
- Create a DynamoDB table
- Create an S3 bucket for file uploads
- Create a Cognito user pool
- Create a Cognito identity pool
- Set up the Serverless Framework
Building the Backend
- Add a create note API
- Add a get note API
- Add a list all the notes API
- Add an update note API
- Add a delete note API
Deploying the Backend
Setting up the Frontend
- Create a new React.js app
- Handle routes with React Router
Building the Frontend
- Create a login page
- Create a signup page
- Add the create note page
- List all the notes
- Display a note
- Set up secure pages
Deploying the Frontend
- Deploy the Frontend
- Deploy updates